We got the HackDay finalists!
So after a fun-filled 24 hrs, there were 13 teams still standing at HackDay Miami. Each team had 3 minutes to pitch their hacks, and we got to see some cool demos that ranged from 3d printed figurines that were embedded with NFC chips to raspberry pi’s that acted as a dashboard server for networking events.
The full list was:
- NFC Games
- Home Automation App
- MedPoint App
A panel of judges that include Martin Varsavsky (Fon), Ben Wirz (Knight Foundation), Boris Hirmas (Tres Mares Group), Artem Mikhlin (Angel Investor) and Faquiry Diaz (Tres Mares Group), scored the teams on seven different dimensions to select the five finalists that will present at the AVCC. And the finalistas are:
- NFC Games - Figures embedded with NFC chips that can interact with digital games through a custom tablet case (also 3d printer) connected to audio jack.
- Chorus - App to simulcast music within local network.
- Introduced.co - Application and hardware device (built with Raspberry Pi) that allows event attendees to stay connected without relying on outside internet connection (which usually sucks at large events).
- PriceMagic - Price optimization platform for e-commerce retailers.
- AskMeOut - Dating service that algorithmically finds best match within your social network and pairs couples that want to mutually connect.
The finalistas will attend the Wayra bootcamp and prepare to pitch their hacks as potential startups at the AVCC conference next Friday.
Best of luck to all of them!!